Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #174

From: Glenn Halweg <glennhalweg@...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:42:29 -0500

I had a bracket that mounted on the outdrive on my Evinrude Rogue. Worked OK but was a pain to carry extra tank with pre-mix and have to listen to the two stroke run. Also in order to adjust speed for changes in direction, wind speed etc I had to keep climbing on the back of the boat. Since I used the boat on Lake Michigan for trolling I just propped it to run at trolling speeds at idle. Was actually more economical than running a noisy 9.9. As far as getting back to shore in ten years on Lake Michigan never had an engine problem.