More Seat Restoration

From: lib1@...
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 06:38:34 -0600

After giving the 66 Sportsman seat restoration project more thought, here's what I've decided:

Approach b) below. The four original seat frames and molded cushions are being retained, but trimmed of their sharp flashing edges and repaired for surface cracks. The "patio chair" webbing in the seat base is discarded; replaced by a plywood base. Fitted vinyl covers are covering the molded cushions. Type IV PFD's are retained under the seat frame, retained by two snap-on straps.

As a side note: When I pulled up the carpet I discovered T-bolts in the floor for FIVE seating positions. The fifth being in the center rear position. Anyone out there have a discarded 62 - 66 Seat frame and mounting hardware they want to sell?

I decided the original seat design is too cool to discard. It's part of the boat's character and provides a lot of utility and flexability. I'll post photos when it's done next week.

Lee Shuster
Salt Lake City