Re: Hydrofoils

From: bill.parkinson@...
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:02:34 +0000

I have a 1965 Sweet 16 I/O. I put the white plastic foil on the lower OMC. I purchased mine from a local boat shop .. about 2 feet wide and I believe it says searay on it...It just bolted on the existing small one. Just needed to drill 4 holes for the 1/4"-20 bolts. Used nylon locking SS nuts.

I did notice a difference in less cavitation. I can also adjust my prop angle with my lift motor to optimize top speed. The foil did help top speed...However.. in a real tight turn.. spinning the wheel as fast as possible in one direction (We do this when the kids are on the tube.. creates some big jumps) it will still cavitate some. I back down the throttle. for a second or two then back up...

For the minimal cost of the foil... I would recommend trying it out.. You can see a piture of my boat with the foil on... on the sweet 16 gallery.

Have a good holiday..