Hull restoration

From: Ralph Erickson <ericksra@...>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:22:16 -0500

Hello group,
I have a 1968 Evinrude Sportsman 155, and there are some cracks in the hull
and water is getting in below decks someplace. I bet this is a common
problem. It seems to me, when I take it out of the water for the season,
that the water drips out of the hull for a really long time. So, I am
hauling this water around with me the whole summer and adding a lot of
weight and slowing the boat down, and I think that the underdeck foam is
old and waterlogged. Has anyone ever gone below deck and dug out all the
old foam? What does this entail? Do you have to also replace timbers
under there? How big a job is this, anyway? Anybody who has had this done
or tried it yourself, I would appreciate the advice. Thanks.

Ralph Erickson
1968 Evinrude Sportsman 155
ericksra@...