Re: Explorer Mysteries?

From: Lee Shuster \(M_LibS\) <lib1@...>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:36:31 -0600

I suspect the Explorer ad could have several informational mistakes including:

a) year (1970 vs 1969)
b) hull length (16 vs 19) (the V8 would imply a 19' hull)
c) power rating (230 v 210) (water hose shows a "210" marking on it)

but what the detailed photos clearly show:

a) Explorer name plate on transom curved-style (not rectangular/flat style)
motor cover
b) small block Chevy in engine bay (most likely a 307 in the 1969 - 1970
timeframe)

So some unresolved mysteries that come to my mind are:

1) Were there any 19' Explorers?
2) Did someone retrofit a 210 V8 into a 16' Explorer or was it originally
installed at the factory?

Cheers

Lee Shuster