RE: omc-boats-digest V1 #102

From: Gregory B. Fell <gfell@...>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:56:17 -0500

Thanks for the input. I understand your position. In fact, that's why I am
trying to plan for the future. I want my boat to run forever. My local
mechanic has expressed his frustration at the time it takes him to find OMC
parts. Has anyone out there had serious problems finding parts yet? I
would certainly appreciate you (and anyone else) providing the contact info
for suppliers known to specialize in these parts. I was just thinking that
it wouldn't take too many parts to equal the price of the whole boat. Also,
if the boat is running, the parts are obviously good. As someone who truly
appreciates theses boats, however, I am certainly sensitive to the idea of
preserving them. I just don't want the day to come when I need something to
keep mine running and can't find it. My mechanic (maybe I should find a new
one), seems to think that day isn't in the too far off future.