Re: prop pitch?

From: jim orfino <jorfino@...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 06:46:13 -0600

Why do people always think they can use auto parts in a boat? Starters,
altnators, distributord, fuel pumps, carburators, water pumps, head gaskets,
even frost plugs are different. Fuel pumps and carbs must be designed to
prevent fuel from leaking/venting into the engine compartment.Auto parts
don't. All electrical parts must be designed to prevent arcing or keep the
arcs from coming into any gas fumes. Waterpumps will have bronze impellers
insterad of the usual stamped steel. Frost plugs need to be be brass or
stainless steel. Use of auto parts where "marine application" is speced is
unsafe as well a USCG violation, in another word, ILLEGAL! If your boat does
explode, and your insurance company finds non USCG compliance parts, no
coverage.

jim