1967 Sportsman 16'

From: Glosser, Rick Jr. (IndSys, SalemVA) <Rick.Glosser@...>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 11:21:31 -0400

Lower unit water pump advise?

I have resurrected a 1967 sportsman that I got, literally out of the woods,
from a friend. it is looking and running pretty good, however the key on
the shaft that drives the impeller keeps coming out. Completely out, can't
find it, but the impeller stops working and the boating day is done.

Has anyone seen this before, the key seems to be the proper size, and I
don't know how it can possible come out while running, but it does. Any
suggestions?

Thanks
-Rick