Re: Still Tryin' To Get There

From: Michael Frenn <semsc@...>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:34:45 -0700

Oh no, I'm sure the waterpump is toast and I bought another. What I want to
do is simply be able to start it and then turn it off. It would turn off
last time. I pulled the ignition switch and some things (i.e., continuity
between terminals) didn't make sense, so I'm going to study the wiring
diagram, etc., and see if I can figure it out.

Here's what I really do not understand. On the starboard side of the
magneto is a wire connection external to the magneto that I understand kills
the magneto by grounding it when the key is turned off. But if you measure
it with the key on, or even with the wire from the key switch disabled, it's
already grounded. How does the magneto get turned off? The magneto works
'casue I can spin it (the puley) andget spark, so the grounding is not
causing it to not function.

I'll look again at the magneto wiring, maybe the secondar wirings get
grounded, but it really doens't make sense to me.

Michael Frenn