RE: Having some problems

From: Bob Brejack <rabbit43@...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 22:47:44 -0400

PAUL, Have you given it a compression test????maybe you have a blown head
gasket??? ,cracked head???? , I would not use that GAS as I think it is not
up to par,flush the tank thoroughly and start all over again,I would leave
the thermostat in using a 160 AND check the timing it could be out a couple
of degrees this would make it run hot, you did say you flushed the system
right????maybe the carburetor is adjusted to lean, is the fan belt tight,
not slipping???are all the hoses new ??? I once had a car with a bad
radiator hose I replaced it with one of those hoses with the ribs in it and
it started to run HOT I replaced it with a molded hose and the problem went
away, as the water passed through the inside of the ribbed hose it would
cause bubbles in the system causing the engine to run hot, maybe you have a
similar problem !!!GOOD LUCK ....BOB...