New To List; Sweet 16

From: Michael Frenn <semsc@...>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 19:42:18 -0700

Hello To Everyone:

I just joined the list today and already there is informatio i can use!!

I bought a Sweet 16 Tri-Hull (hope that's not redundant) from a friend about 18 months ago. Cost me $500 including the orange tilt trailer which I believe is original.

The boat and motor overall seem to be in good shape.

The Hull model number is 202401E. the hull is gray. The serial number is 0-6064. Does that mean built in 1964?

It has a 75 HP outboard.

I pulled everything out and installed new aqua blue carpet which looks very nice. I've just painted all of the seat swivel brackets.

It needs new steering cable. The local boat shops are suggesting an upgraded system for about $100.

I am currently looking for a generator kit for this motor.

The engine model # is 75553 S. 4 cylinder.

It appears that the generator would have a gear that would mesh with the
flywheel, instead of belt driven.

There is a metal flange port bracket thing on the opposite side of the motor
from the starter where it appears the generator would mount to. The starter
is on the right (is that port?) and this flange is on the left (starboard)?

There are two wires wrapped together with a tag that reads: For Generator
Kit. One wire is blue, the other is yellow.

Can anyone help with this?

I would also like to find an Evinrude replacement canopy, and perhaps a few of the trim items (mirror, running lights, etc.) which don't seem that they'll polish out.

I look forward to working on this and I am ambitious to have her in the water in two months, if the motor is good (heck, it's hot here in California!).

Michael Frenn