Re: New Member

From: Phil Budne <phil>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:21:48 -0500 (EST)

> From: "Spivey, Michael" <michael.spivey@...>

> This is my first posting to the list.

Welcome!! And a Happy New Millennium to everyone!

After a such long idle period, I was pleased to find only two
addresses on the list have gone bad.

> I am the proud owner of a 1966 Evinrude 16 foot 120 Hp I/O. The
> model number is 234503R. The plan form of the boat has 4 seats in
> the main area and a bench forward with a sideways folding two-piece
> windscreen and a walk through.

Congratulations!

> I can use some help with the following. What is the name of this model of
> Evinrude boat?

The description sounds like a Sports '16 (later models called
Sportsmans?). My family had one (photo with our retriever in the bow
is the first picture in the gallery. Jim Whaley (OMC Boat Spotting
award winner) found a "1966 Sports 16" with the same model number in
Vermont, it's listed in the 1998 forsale list (no photo), but there
are several Sports(mans) with photos in the gallery and forsale pages.

I put together a list of model numbers I've collected so far, and
added it to the end of the "data" page. If you have a boat, know
someone who does, or if you ever see one, please try and report it's
model name and model number to me, and I'll add it to the list.

I've already posted two ads for 2001, one from someone with a 1969
Rogue who rather not sell, but is at a loss to find parts for his
outdrive. His name is Matt Campanario, and he's in Minnesota. If
anyone has ideas for him, you can send him mail at matjcamp@...,
or reply to me, or the list, and I'll see he gets the information.

Finally, it seems like OMC is in pretty dire shape, and I've added a
link to a site called "The Lighthouse" at the very end of the web
page.

-Phil