Johnson Surfer

From: Mark Raymond Miller <marmil@...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 22:50:55 -0600

Our family owned a 1967 Johnson Surfer with the 200 hp Buick small block
and OMC outdrive. It was bought new for $6000 and to save money the
standard single wheeled red trailer was substituted. The boat had
excellent pulling power with a record 6 skiiers pulled at the same time
and also had nice touches such as a built in picnic table. The
instrument cluster was fully equipped and the boat outperformed in fuel
use, power, refinement the boat we replaced it with a 1981 SEA RAY with
228 hp lousy Mercrusier sterndrive. It was also incredible strong.
Friends of ours with a 1966 Surfer use to hang the boat out of the water
with only ropes connected to the front loop and ski rope holders.
If anyone has info on a refurbished Surfer (preferably pre1969 the year
it went from aqua on bottom to white) please let me know.
Sincerely,
M. Miller