Re: [OMC-Boats] Ignition fuse blowing

From: Gregory Fell via OMC-Boats <omc-boats@...>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 12:57:38 -0500

Thanks to all who replied to my ignition fuse blowing issue. My electrical
knowledge is pretty basic. After spending some time educating myself (this
post was pretty helpful
http://www.boatinghowto.com/content/troubleshooting-basic-dc-electrical-problems-222/),
I spent half a day on Friday with my multi-meter. I quickly came to the
conclusion that I had a ground fault, as the voltage read about 10.5 when
testing positive battery terminal with disconnected positive battery cable.

The wire sheathing to my 100 amp fuse at the starter was brittle. The fuse
was still good, so I clipped the wires and spliced some good no
connections. That wasn't the problem; but, it was good to get that shored
up while by head was down there by the starter. I disconnected all
positive wires to the starter, and my multimeter read 0.00, so I knew the
problem was there. I re-connected each one by one until the voltage came
back on the multimeter. It was the branch leading to the tilt solenoids.
On closer inspection, the ground wires leading to it and connecting the two
solenoids had no sheathing left at all. I got some new wire and new
connectors and re-wrapped the positive wires on the solenoids, as well.

Problem fixed!!!! Ran the boat all weekend pulling the kiddos on skis and
tube.

Thanks again for all the input.

Gregory B. Fell
The Fell Law Firm
3021 East Renner Road, Suite 140
Richardson, Texas 75082
972-488-8177
972-664-0470 FAX
gfell@...

[image: The Fell Law Firm] <http://www.felllawfirm.com>

------------------------------
*The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the
personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message
may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is
privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
the original message.*

*This communication does not reflect an intention by the sender or the
sender's client or principal to conduct a transaction or make any agreement
by electronic means. Nothing contained in this message or in any attachment
shall satisfy the requirements for a writing, and nothing contained herein
shall constitute a contract or electronic signature under the Electronic
Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, any version of the Uniform
Electronic Transactions Act or any other statute governing electronic
transactions.*