[OMC-Boats] PLEASE READ: Change in OMC-BOATS mailing list

From: Phil Budne via OMC-Boats <omc-boats@...>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 12:30:02 -0400 (EDT)

In the never ending battle against spam, some e-mail providers (YAHOO,
AOL, GMAIL) now refuse to accept incomming mail that appears to be
"from" one of their subscribers (even via a list).

To "fix" this, I've changed a setting on the OMC-BOATS mailing list so
that all messages should appeat to be "from" the list, and not the
original sender.

*BUT* this may change what happens when you hit "reply" to a message
(it's MORE likely to go to the list than before).

SO.... if you want to make a PRIVATE REPLY to the sender of a message,
***PLEASE*** double check to see who the message is going to....

For "digest" subscribers this may not effect you, but as always,
PLEASE try to trim down the "quoted" parts of the original message to
make it clear what you are responding to!

For EVERYONE, remember, every message to the list is broadcast to over
200 subscribers, so try to remember how you feel when you get messages
you're not interested in and try to keep discussion focused, and make
a private reply (see above) if you think it won't be of general interest.

Polite and informative answers to direct questions should go to the list,
so they're captured in the archive (see below).

Happy & Safe Boating!
Phil

P.S.
If you get the messages at an AOL, YAHOO or GMAIL address, you
may want to check the list archive at http://www.omc-boats.org/archive/
to see if you've missed anything.

P.P.S. Regarding the omcboats.org forum (not run by me, the
originator didn't ask if I was OK with "borrowing" the "omc boats"
name I'd been using for many years before they came on the scene):
The domain registration is current, but the "name servers" for the
domain appear to be offline; so this is likely a temporary, technical
problem.