[OMC-Boats] Cooling System: OMC vs. Chris Craft

From: Alessandro Gagliardi <alessandrogag@...>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:41:33 +0100

Hi to all,

I'm the Italian owner of a 1972 Chris Craft Seasport 16, equipped with a Buick 225 V6 engine. The boat has always been owned by my family and during last 5 years I've been restoring it, from the hull to the windshield!

The engine has been completely rebuilt. The only thing I am still dealing with are the exhaust manifolds. The original Manifolds I own are, unfortunately cracked. They have been repaird but I would like to replace them with a new couple. I could find on Internet many Barr manifolds that are told to be compatible with all omc buick v6 models, the problem is that the Chris Craft cooling system seems to be different on this engine! (if you look at the engine pictures in the Chris Craft page into the Gull-Wing.net site, you will notice that the configuration is different from the Johnson and Evinrude models).

Is there anyone that knows why did Chris Craft changed the cooling circuit?
Will the Barr Manifolds fit into my engine, keeping my terminals and elbows (keeping the Chris Craft configuration) or will I have to change the cooling circuit?
Or is it possible to find any original Chris Craft Manifold? (I could not find on the internet so far)

Hoping that someone could solve the same problem... Thankyou!!!