Re: [OMC-Boats] Play in steering Evinrude Sportsman 155

From: Ann Cousins <ascousins@...>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 13:44:09 -0400

Bob, the rudder position indicator is totally accurate on our '68 Sportsman--no play. We have another "personality quirk" though. As we throttle up, the steering is so tight that you can't steer until the boat planes. Shortly after we got the boat (we're the original family owners) someone forced the issue and snapped the steering cable. Ever since, we know to set a course before throttling up.
Thanks!
Ann Cousins