[OMC-Boats] 1964 & 1967 Evinrude Sportsman for sale

From: LOUPALSKIP@...
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 22:21:05 -0400 (EDT)

1964 & 1967 Evinrude Sportsman for sale (make offer)

I live in So. California in North Orange County, Buena Park to be exact.
I have 2 Evinrude Sportsman that I would like to sell. The 67 is a pretty
much complete and running boat with the Buick V-6. I purchased it a few
years ago from a gentleman in Arkansas and towed it home. After getting it
checked out and serviced at a local boat repair shop, I took it out a few
times and it performed perfectly. The only thing that I didn't like was that
it had been "customized" cosmetically with a few aftermarket additions and
I wanted to make it as stock looking as possible. The 67 has a Bimini
top. The 64 has all the original top parts that I intended to put on the 67.
I purchased the 64 Sportsman with the intention of transferring parts in
order to achieve that goal. I got some of it done, but have not found the
time to complete the job. I purchased the 64 in No. Calif., about 600 miles
away and towed it home. The gentleman that I purchased it from told me
that it ran, but that there was a problem with the outdrive unit. Since my
outdrive functions perfectly, that did not deter me from the purchase.

Both boats have solid floors and could be good to great boats with a
little work. Neither has ever been in salt water.Both have the original
trailers with excellent tires. The 64 trailer had some bad tires, so I replaced
them with new ones. Both of these boats can be towed just about anywhere on
the existing trailers.

I had some automotive paint mixed to match the 67, but never got around to
spraying it. I have the paint and extra parts that will go along with the
boats, as well as some literature (shop manual, parts list, etc.).

While I would love to get at least the 67 completed, reality has set in.
I am 72 years old and realistically will never get around to finishing what
I started. I would love to see an enthusiast that would finish what I
started get one or both of these boats finished. Almost everything is there
to finished at least the 67. These boats can be up and running (especially
the 67) with very little effort. I will accept any reasonable offer.

If anyone is interested, please either call me or send me an email with
your phone number so I can hopefully answer any questions you might have.
The price will be reasonable and will depend on a few variables that I will
discuss over the phone.

Here is my contact information: If I do not answer, please leave your
name and phone number along with a good time to return the call. I'm out and
about quite a bit, and I don't answer my phone if I'm driving.

Skip Redman
home phone: 714-203-9133
mobile phone: 714-403-4469
email: _loupalskip@... (mailto:loupalskip@...)