[OMC-Boats] OMC Stringer Tilt Motor Shaft Removal?

From: Gruber, Joe (DG-SAC) <Joe.Gruber@...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 08:14:09 -0700

I have a 1975 Ford 302 w/ OMC stern drive. In process of replacing rusted tilt motor after I verified electrical is all good including clutch and other mechanical. However; I noticed replacing the tilt motor that the shaft end needs work and should be removed for machining. Do you know how the tilt motor shaft is removed?

I have removed the tilt motor, spring coupler, sector gear and clutch pack. I believe all that is left to remove end cap under c-clip and brass ring gear? Any advice for removing tilt motor shaft is appreciated before I reach for the hammer?

Joe