[OMC-Boats] Tilt Inop!

From: Doug Wilsman <suv_doug@...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:56:21 -0700 (PDT)

Ed,
I have just experienced this on my 1970 Explorer. Put on new motor, checked out
all the wiring and solinoids. Turned out to be the clutch pack , out side the
boat, where the worm gear turns the gear that actually moves the lower unit up
and down. Mine had been drained of oil, and locked up. I am soaking hoping to
break it loose, other wise I'll be out for a new clutch pack. If you don't have
one, pick up a Seloc maintence manual for your boat. Very detailed and helpful
info.

Hope this helps, Doug..