[OMC-Boats] SE 300 Hyrdofoil

From: BLDFW <bldfw@...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:17:07 -0700 (PDT)

Last year I bought an SE 300 Hydrofoil with the intent on installing it then but before I knew it the season was over.  I finally got around to installing it yesterday but naturally, having opened it that long ago, I somehow misplaced the instruction sheet.  It was pretty straight forward though I did have one question on the rubber bushings.

There were four, two thinner ones, two thicker ones.  With no instructions I made an assumption the bushings were to be installed between the foil and the tabs on the outdrive AND, that the thicker bushings were to mount on the forward (to the front) of the foil so that there was a slight downward tilt to the rear of the foil thus giving lift.  I took it out on the lake yesterday but there was a bit of a stiff breeze creating some chop so it was hard to tell if things improved.  Will check it again on a calmer day.

Can anyone who's installed one verify the placement of these bushings?

Thanks.

-Bill
Dallas, TX
1970 Evinrude Explorer - 155 Buick V6 - OMC Sterndrive
http://www.photobucket.com/evinrude_explorer