[OMC-Boats] flotation and rub rail

From: Ann Cousins <ascousins@...>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:46:29 -0400

We have a one-family 1968 Evinrude Sportman. Last year we replaced the
engine with a 155 6 cylinder. The boat ran well but was sitting
heavy and listing, so this past winter we removed the floor and dug
out waterlogged flotation. The keel and stringers are now exposed.
We're thinking of contracting with a commercial foam insulation
contractor to spray on closed cell polyurethane foam insulation. Any
concerns or suggestions?

On the bow, there is a gap under the rub rail where we suspect the
boat was taking in water. What is a good method to repair the gap?

I also read with interest that someone in February posted a request
for the blue rubber insert or a new rub rail for a Sportsman. We're
also looking to replace our rub rail or the rubber insert. If anyone
knows where to find one, we'd appreciate the lead.

Thank you!

Ann Cousins
'68 Evinrude Sportsman 231605S (with a bench seat)
Received on Friday, 30 April 2010

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Tuesday, 29 July 2014 EDT