Re: [OMC-Boats] Fuel Pump Help

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:37:22 -0400

If I remember right, I got one ~3 years ago from Michigan Marine Gear, http://michiganmarinegear.com/. It wasn’t cheap. I seem to recall $175, but am not sure and all my paperwork is at the lake. It was the right pump assembly, but did not have the integrated glass bowl/filter so I took that off my old one (I like the visual sight). I’ve had the best luck finding parts by searching for the OMC part #, both through general search engines (Google, Yahoo, …) and on eBay. If its just leaking at the seal, you may be able to tighten the screws and get it to re-seal. More likely I suspect it only appears to be leaking at the seal and is actually leaking out the vent indicating a blown diaphragm. Regardless of what it is or how you fix it, I strongly advise you to route a line from the vent to the carb such that any gas leaking out the vent gets routed harmlessly into the carb (assuming you have a flame arrestor installed) instead of your bildge. Good luck!