Re: [OMC-Boats] Sportsman 155 Engine Replacement

From: Don Mandelas <dmandelas@...>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 23:00:45 -0800

Lee,

All the information you have provided today has been very helpful to me. I'm glad I asked the question. Thank you for your input.

I also fully appreciate the input from others.

Based on this information I think It would be best for me to focus my futue salvage runs around obtaining used boats which contain the V-6 225 engine or the Inline-4 engine.

With my basic mechanical ability, if needed, I know I could swap out the v-6 engine or work through installing an inline 4 engine.

At the moment used running tri-hull boats in my area with these type of engines are selling for a very reasonable cost. I want to purchase one of these boats in order to have a back up engine and sterndrive. I also want to use the additional motor and sterndrive as a learning tool.

Don.