Re: [OMC-Boats] Transom Seal

From: Lee Shuster <Lee.Shuster@...>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:21:55 -0600

When I repowered my Sportsman I converted (upgraded) from round to square for that very reason. You can view pics of this conversion on my http://hhscott.com/evinrude site.

________________________________
From: omc-boats-bounces@... [mailto:omc-boats-bounces@...ultimate.com] On Behalf Of Don Mandelas
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:37 PM
To: Evinrude & Johnson Boats of the 1960's and 70's
Subject: [OMC-Boats] Transom Seal

Anyone in need of a transom seal ring?

There is an OMC Stringer Mount Stern Drive Transom Seal Ring
for sale on E-Bay today.
New old stock, OMC part number 308456 (all Round Style, 12 bolt holes).
Buy it now price of $115.95

go2marine.com is currently listing the cost as $299.50
bestboatparts.com is currently list the cost as 112.28

Not sure why there is such a big difference in cost between the two online stores?
Last year Sea-Way Marina quoted me a cost of $295.00 because it was considered an obsolete part and Sea-Way at the time only had two seals left on their shelf.

Looks to me like a good deal considering the newer square style OMC Transom seals are running around $90-$100

Don.

New Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more.<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pc-scout/default.aspx?CBID=wl&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_pcscout:102009>