Re: [OMC-Boats] engine wierdness

From: ANDY PERAKES <aperakes@...>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:02:38 -0400 (EDT)

I tend to agree with the electrical suspect.  Fuel/air problems generally linger a bit and don't result in an immediate drop-out like you describe.  Anything is possible though.  I like the guidance Lee sent out awhile back where he said to eleiminate the possibility of electrical problems first since that's usually quicker and easier to do.  Trouble is, intermittent electrical problems can be a nightmare to trace.  Is there any possibility of hooking up some basic instrumentation to see if there is any electrical effect when it happens?  If you see a sudden voltage change or current drop out, that would be a clear indicator.  Good luck!

Andy

'67 Reveler