[OMC-Boats] Prop ID and questions...

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 01:41:04 -0400

So I bought the Bayliner 2550 and dragged it home Friday. Previous
owner gave me 2 extra props. One looks to be brass and he claims it
was the original prop, but I doubt it. The other is a new never used
aluminum prop. It's a 3 blade. Previous owners said it won't fit my
Volvo Penta outdrive but threw it in with the deal so I could sell it
and make a few bucks. Thing is, to sell it, I'd need to know what it
does fit. That's where you all come in.

So it's an aluminum 3 blade prop. Made by Michigan. On the hub there
are several number. I can't read one of them. The other is 39-37. On
the side of the prop between 2 blades, there is 2 more numbers stamped
in. 15L17, which I assume means it's left handed and thats the pitch
and diameter. The other number looks to read "03 B&S 2499". Google has
turned up nothing on these numbers. It looks like the hub is exactly
the same as the other prop I have for the boat, so I'd like to confirm
that it won't fit the Bayliner before I put the prop on E-bay. If need
be, I can snap a pic of the prop for further inspection.