Re: [OMC-Boats] I made it official...

From: BLDFW <bldfw@...>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 06:19:52 -0700 (PDT)

LOL....WOW!  An '86 Bayliner Ciera 2550.  That is the EXACT boat (my first) I had for the last 7 years before getting my Explorer.  I didn't have the enclosure (not necessary lakebound in TX ) and my drivetrain was the Volvo variety.  She had been abandoned in her slip at the marina by the previous owner probably 7-8 years prior so I able to pick her up for a nominal amount (pretty much pennies on the dollar) and set about cleaning her up.  I replaced the engine due to a cracked block (bumped from 305 to 350) and eventually resealed the outdrive but she was a great boat.

My friends and I used to go out almost every weekend and hang out watching the Party Cove crowd but rarely ever tied up with them.  You have to have AC in TX so I installed a small window AC unit in the rear porthole enabling me to stay overnight many a weekend on the boat.    I had fun with my her but decided it was time to scale back to something smaller and trailerable (and storeable at home) so I sold her in March to a family up in Frisco, TX.  Thankfully I pretty much broke even on what I had invested in her.  I've since seen her out twice on Lake Lewisville this summer.

In restoring my Explorer, I wasn't able to get out this year with my usual crowd of friends so the jury is out on whether I downtraded too far on the amenities.  We'll see.

Check her out:  http://photobucket.com/bayliner

-Bill
Dallas, TX
1970 Evinrude Explorer - 155 Buick V6 - OMC Sterndrive
http://www.photobucket.com/evinrude_explorer