Re: [OMC-Boats] RV Anti-Freeze for winterizing?

From: Kenneth Gullicksen <kag@...>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:04:42 -0400

  I have always used it because it works and is non-toxic. I keep dumping into the bucket I stick my intake hose in until the exhaust runs pink. In the spring you can just start the motor using water for raw water coolant and let the exhaust (which at that point will have the anti-freeze in it) run out on the ground. Automotive antifreeze is toxic for animals and they seem to have an attraction to it.
  West Marine sometimes has good sales on it, sometimes combined with a mail in rebate. Otherwise Wal-Mart or wherever.