Re: [OMC-Boats] water in oil ?

From: BC Howk <bchowk@...>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 18:14:53 -0500 (CDT)
Not real sure I understand all of the sympoms here....

Are you getting water in your oil? (the oil looks milky?)

Did you discover this because your engine was overheating, you changed the oil then eventually the engine started overh eating again?

Do you have water in your oil again?

Seems that should be either a head gasket or an intake manifold gasket. Maybe you have some cracks in the water passages on the heads or intake manifold itself?

You can check for a blown head gasket by doing a compression and leak down test (will also tell you about the health of your rings and valves)....

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/116_0406_cylinder_leakdown_tester/index.html

http://www.wcengineering.com/articles/leakdown.html

or just google:   compression and leak down test

I hope this is helpful,

Cheers,
B.C.