[OMC-Boats] Tachometer accuracy

From: BC Howk <bchowk@...>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 14:49:04 -0500 (CDT)
Tach accuracy has come up a few times this season and I have started to wonder about mine as well,  feels like the tach is reading high, but not wildly off...

Anyhow I was poking around the web today and stumbled accross this

http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/54pontiac/tach.html

If I recall correctly, Scott, you have an extra tach you were looking to get calibrated right? Have you tried a test like this to validate that it is indeed off? I may try this myself this off season if my curiosity get the best of me, forcing me to remove  my tach from the boat.

Curious if anyone out there has ever tried this test?

Cheers,
B.C. Received on Thursday, 8 October 2009