Re: [OMC-Boats] oil leak....

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:39:58 -0400

Not sure how helpful it would be in this application, but there's a
method for finding leaks on motorcycles I've used for years. Taught to
me by a crusty old timer. Get the area of the oil leak good and clean.
Use degreaser and remove all the oil. Not get yourself some athletes
foot spray. It sprays as an aerosol and drys as a white powder. spray
it on all the seams that may be leaking. When the oil leaks through
again, it wets the powder and turns it black in the area of the leak.
Makes it easy to spot.

I tried everything once to locate the leak on a brand new Harley
Sportster. Found it with the spray. It was leaking right through the
engine case. Bad casting from the factory.