Re: [OMC-Boats] Carb and fuel gauge

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 18:02:45 -0400

Well, I just pulled the carb off it. Turns out it may not be my fuel
gauge. My float was completely full of gas again. I sealed up at least
5 holes the other day when I rebuilt it, and now there's more. And it
looks like it's so old and fragile that no matter how much I patch it
up, it's going to keep leaking. I don't want to patch it anymore and
risk being stranded in the river again.

So here's the problem, according to the auto parts store, the float is
no longer available. So what can I do? Is there another float that
will match up? Anyone have a fix for the original one? I need to find
a way to get a float in there. My fuel gauge may still be A problem,
but it isn't THE problem.