Re: [OMC-Boats] oil leak....

From: BLDFW <bldfw@...>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 10:27:14 -0700 (PDT)

There's also the front and rear bearing seals.  That would be a heck of a leak though to lose that much.  I'm assuming when you reference "oil pan" you're including both the plug and the pan gasket/seal?

I don't know what they are formerly called but you might pick up several of those white oil soak cloths....they're usually 18"x24" there abouts and used to soak up surface oil on water.  They work great in the bilge to soak up the mess.  West marine has them usually for about $1.00 a sheet and likely are available in other marine stores.  Lay them out under the engine and see if that helps track it down.

-Bill
Dallas, TX
1970 Evinrude Explorer - 155 Buick V6 - OMC Sterndrive
http://www.photobucket.com/evinrude_explorer