Re: [OMC-Boats] She let me down...

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:33:58 -0400

Question about the choke setting as per the sheet that comes with the
rebuild kit. It says to open the throttle to wide open then measure
the gap between the choke butterfly and the throat. It's lists the
measurement as I think 1/8". But my gap is much larger than that and
was before disassembly. Should I bend the tab and set it per their
instructions, or is this maybe a setting for a different motor? It
doesn't seem right to have to move it that far from the factory
position.

Also, on the choke cover, it's indexed and adjustable. Previous owner
had it set 2 notches from the richest setting. But the middle looks
like the default setting. Should I put it back to default now that the
carb is freshly rebuilt?

BC, thanks for the info. I'll hook up the vacuum gage when I'm done.