[OMC-Boats] OMC Type A

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:07:39 -0400

Ok, still no service manual, but I do have the owners manual. Which
gives lousy pictures of where to lube. First, what is Type A
lubricant? Marine grease? Second, there are 2 zerks between the
outdrive and the outer side of the transom. If that makes sense. Near
as I can tell, one id ball gears and one is for steering lube. And it
would seem that in order to lube the one of them, I have to take out a
screw to vent it, yes? Does it sound like I have a handle on this? I
didn't manage to find the zerk behind the motor. That was fun to lube.
I alo just learned that the upper gear case gets lubed with the
outdrive in the up position. I did it in the down position. So looks
like I need to re-do that job. Fun fun.

Thanks
Justin