Re: [OMC-Boats] OMC Type C lab testing

From: Lee Shuster <lks@...>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:42:19 -0600

I'll let you do the math. OMC built electric-shift stern drives from
1962 to 1977.

Yours is most likely a 1964 - 1970. I would call tha ant "older," OMC
sterndrive in relative terms, for what that's worth?

I'm not that familar with the properties of Dextron II or III having
never owned a GM product that uses it in an automatic transmission.
I've never seen a cross-reference to Dextron as a recommended OMC Type
C subsitute. But who knows? Maybe it has similar properties?

It's easy to use google to look up the properties of GM's Dextron II
or III :
http://www.realhamradio.com/Pennzoil%20ATF%20MSDS.pdf

It does have a high dialetric property (35 kV), but I can't vouch for
the other parameters compared to the specs for "real" Type C or
"Premium" Blend.

If you wanna try and use it fine by me. If I was in your shoes, I'd
drain it ASAP and put the right stuff in there, regardless of cost.

Congrats! You've stumbled onto an interesting point, and again this is
NOT a dumb question.

Lee