[OMC-Boats] OMC Type C lab testing

From: Lee Shuster <lks@...>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 15:04:52 -0600

One other note I forgot to mention.

My Dad, who introduced me to boating holds a Chem Eng degree for Ohio
State. He worked his entire career for Ashland Oil, the parent company
of Valvoline.

Back in the sixties, we owned an electric-shift J/E V4. My Dad was
also curious about the "mysterious" OMC Type C lubrication requirement
and had a sample tested by the Valvoline engineering labs.

They reported back (and I don't have their response) that their
testing revealed some amazing qualities:

What I remember in their report was:

1) very high diaelectric (non-conductive) properties (that makes
sense) and
2) excellent anti-corrosive properties.

  I can't recall if they ever "reverse engineered" and offered their
own Type C product, but they were extremely impressed.

Just buy the right stuff and be done with it, No biggie.

Lee