Re: [OMC-Boats] So, I got a chance to look over the boat...

From: Lee Shuster <lks@...>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 16:09:55 -0600

There are at least three "adjustments" that will all interact with
idle speed.

There should be a Rocherster 2 GC carb on your Buick (same carb used
on the V6 and V8 Buicks).

I believe there is a knurnled adjuster on the throttle cable. I also
think there's a throttle stop adjustment screw.

Finally there is a recessed screw on top of some of the single-lever
controls which will adjust the upper limit of the fast/start idle.

Also related to idle are ignition timing, dwell and the idle mixture
jets.