Re: [OMC-Boats] So, I got a chance to look over the boat...

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 23:21:58 -0400

Thanks for all the advice Lee. I'm confident I can tackle any work
that needs done. I'm new to I/O boats, but not new to working on stuff
that's broken. I'm a laid off certified tech for 8 motorcycle lines,
state inspection license. Fully equipped shop. Yadda yadda. Once I can
get a few hours with no rain, I'll be able to get out there and really
look it over and track down the problem. Let me ask you this, with the
fast idle all the way on, how fast should the boat be idling? And
normal idle speed is 550?

Varnish doesn't appear to be my problem. Tank is clean and smooth, you
could eat off the interior of it. Fuel filter is new, and clean. Carb
is clean as well. I'm thinking the gas may just be a bit old and
possibly have some water in it. The mine in which the previous owner
stored the boat only allowed it to have a half tank of gas. So I think
maybe some condensation on the inside of the tank may have gotten
moisture in the fuel. I'm hoping anyhow. I will check the timing and
dwell though.

Table thing... I only have the one photo and it's too dark now to take
more. This is the only one I have for now.
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/nitsujcbr/good%20ship%20lollypop/IMG_1458.jpg
I wasn't aware that there was a manual for download. My searching
didn't turn up with anything. Do you have a link by chance?