Re: [OMC-Boats] Horn and blower

From: Lee K. Shuster \(lib1\) <lib1@...>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:06:06 -0600

I'd run the blower on the trailer just before launching for 2 - 4 minutes.
Also open the hatch before you first start or after setting for more than an
hour and just sniff around before starting.

If I'm constantly starting and stopping the engine, I try to run it for a
MINIMUN of 30 seconds, but a minute would be a little better until you get
totally confident you are leak/vapor free. I have a vapor detector, so I
sometimes don't run the blower as long as I should.

Cold start that I use does involve pumping the throttle to full and back
about five times. Then I crank for no more than 15 secs. Then I stop and
repeat. If she doesn't at least sputter or fire by the 4 or 5th such
sequence, you've got a fuel delivery or spark-related problem.

You will also move the START/IDLE LEVER to its full rearward (FAST)
position. This is not a CHOKE, just an idle adjuster. Let it run for at leat
a full minute or 90 seconds at 1500 RPM before you throttle back under 1000
RPM and drive to engage reverse. Sometimes it might stall. Just advance the
START/IDLE and restart without pumping. Repeat another 60 sec of fast idle
and try again. NEVER try to shift above 1000 RPM.

Lee