Re: [OMC-Boats] Hello

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:13:45 -0400

Thanks for the welcome Scott! You can see pics of my boat here:
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/nitsujcbr/good%20ship%20lollypop/

I thought I posted that link before, but I may have forgotten to. I
think I did pretty good on the price. Like I said the owner is a long
time friend of my family. So he took good care of me. And maybe took
pity on me. I paid $1000 as you see it sitting in the pictures. It's
running, serviced and water ready. He threw in a pair of ski's and a
slalom ski. Plus some fishing rod holders. And these 2 things that I
guess you tow behind the boat and they hold rods way out to the sides.
Never saw anything like them, but I'm not a very experienced
fisherman.

I didn't know it until Lee pointed it out, but the trailer was
originally a single axle, but it's been converted to tandem. I have to
say, Johnson didn't skimp on their trailers, the thing is built like a
tank. The original fuel tank was replaced with a custom welded
stainless tank and the fluids have been changed yearly. So I'd say I
got a pretty good deal. I hesitated to post the purchase price at
first, because I didn't want to hear that I got riped off. But the
more I learn about the boat, the more I'm finding out I may have
gotten a good deal.

I'm going to pick the boat up tonight and get it home. Clean it up a
bit and see if I can get the hull to take on a shine.