Re: [OMC-Boats] OMC HYDRO-ELECTRIC LOWER UNITS

From: jd <jdood@...>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:57:48 -0700

yeah, all this switch mess would all be pretty easy easy to fix if
they didn't completely seal up the electrical contacts in a little
watertight bomb proof riveted encapsulated in rubber container.
Wish they had made the insides of the switch as robust as the outside!

by the way if anyone is interested, here are the guts of my original
plastic switch, which i had to drill and x-acto knife open. (the 5-
wire version) The broken piece I am trying to re-mold is the round
black one on the right which is actually broke in half but was glued
together when this was taken. The round metal disk attaches to the
bottom of the round plastic one and rotates back and forth inside
that springwith the switch arm inside that spring loaded housing to
make contact and close the wires