Re: [OMC-Boats] OMC HYDRO-ELECTRIC LOWER UNITS

From: jd <jdood@...>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 08:54:54 -0700

> With Hydro Electric Shift units,
>
> In neutral, your remote controller supplies 12v to the "Green" wire.
> In reverse, your remote controller supplies 12v to both wires, the
> "Green" one and the "Blue" one.
> In forward, the remote controller supplies no voltage to either
> wire. (And the spring-loaded shifter dog forces the unit into
> forward gear.)
>

> With no voltage applied, the unit should be in "locked-in" forward.
> No need for a ground jumper... the lower unit's already grounded.
>
> Lee

WOW! this might explain why my switch is doing nothing in forward -
it's actually operating correctly! Time for another test - and
maybe I can ditch my silly "get me by for now" rigged switch.
Raining today to I guess I gotta try the prop turning test. I
didn't even bother connecting the old switch back up, just assumed if
it wasn't lighting up in forward it was a dead. This is
encouraging. Although I'm actually half way done with my attempt
at molding a new plastic piece - haha! Mainly an experiment
really, but if all goes right I might end up with a spare switch, and
an option for replacing future breaking plastic parts. We'll see.