Re: [OMC-Boats] What size battery for 1967 Sportsman

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 20:20:53 -0400

I always do that. The risk involved is the same as starting -- fuel fumes in the engine compartment could ignite from the spark that will likely occur when you connect the charger to the battery. As always, just be sure to check for fuel, fumes, etc., before making the connection. Can't hurt to run the blower for a bit too. And of course leave the hatch fully open while charging.

Also, I recommend a Battery Tender instead of a trickle charger. Both work, but the trickle charger can cause damage if you forget and leave it on too long whereas the Battery Tender will automatically fluctuate the charging: http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-021-0128-Plus-Charger/dp/B00068XCQU/ref=tag_gam_ptcn_edpp_url