Re: [OMC-Boats] Weight of 1967 Evinrude Sportsman 120?

From: ANDY PERAKES <aperakes@...>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 19:39:14 -0400 (EDT)

I bumper towed my 26' sailboat with my '94 Explorer.  The sailboat not only pushed the 3500 lb limit, but the frontal area was significantly larger than your Evinrude.  I personally prefer a bumper mount because you don't have to mess with ball mounts or smashing shins on them.  You'll be fine, just be sure to check all your fluids and tire pressure (as you should before towing with any vehicle).  Btw, I'm currently about 2000 miles into a 3000 mile trip with my trailer.