[OMC-Boats] fuses cont'd

From: jd <jdood@...>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 08:25:47 -0700

a couple more questions.......

- My manual shows many leads coming off the IGN post of my ignition
switch. Plus i've added a couple more. So total is OIL TEMP,
WATER TEMP, BALLAST RESISTOR, CARB WIRE, DEPTH, STEREO, and i think
a couple more i can't remember off the top of my head. Way too many
to try and cram into ring terminals and connect to that little
post. So I ran a 10ga wire to a "satellite" post near by and have
a few things coming off that instead. Any probs with doing that?

- i flipped through a book in a marine store the other day that seemed
to emphasize having a fuse on practically everything. They even
strongly recommended a fuse (or breaker) on the positive battery lead
between the batt positive post and the starter. Is that needed?
The old 60's manual doesn't show one there. But I want to update
safety wise as much as possible. Is that one overkill? Any
other places where the manual doesn't show a fuse but it might be good
to update things and add one?

thanks!
Jeff