Re: [OMC-Boats] On the water again.

From: MOTiger@...
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 19:03:16 EDT

Alright, now we will have to figure out how to get those converted. good
stuff, thanks.

In a message dated 7/10/2009 5:34:23 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
aperakes@... writes:

LOL, yeah, I've got some early 70s 16 mm movies of us pulling 8 skiers
behind our '67 155 Reveler ala Cypress Gardens. Unfortunately, I can't seem
to find the right adapter to upload them!

We took our Reveler out for its first run of the season last Sunday (after
a full week of crappy weather during our mandatory vacation). It was very
difficult to start initially, probably close to 2 minutes of cranking (not
continuous, of course) before I got fuel flowing through the jets. Once
the fuel finally got there it started right up, but then seemed to take
longer than usual to get the water flowing (stern drive in a garbage can filled
with water. We took it to the lake anyhow and, once it warmed up
completely, it ran like it was brand new. I finally got to compare the indicated
speed with my GPS and found the indicated speed to be a fairly consistent 1
mph higher than the GPS speed. Somewhat surprisingly, this was true
regardless of direction so there must've been little to no current and wind
effect. Top end was about 34 mph indicated, 33 GPS. Cruised nicely at 30 mph
with no apparent strain. This was with 3 people on board and 18" prop pitch.

Happy boating!