Re: [OMC-Boats] carb question....

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:39:29 -0400

Tuning a carb is more art than science. Since its already running bad, you
won't hurt anything by messing with it. Its helpful if you keep track of
the original positions in case you get too far off and need a "known
running" spot to return to: It can be easy to lose count from where you
started so I usually run it all the way down, keeping careful count of the
turns. This gives you a reference point to work from. It can also be
helpful to know how many turns until the needle pops out so it doesn't
inadvertatently pop out unexpectedly and cause something to get lost.
Pulling it out gives you the change to inspect for contamination, varnish
build-up, etc. too. Just be careful you don't lose the darn things -- tie a
string on them if you have to.