Re: [OMC-Boats] Welch plug -- OH DUH...Never mind

From: BLDFW <bldfw@...>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 13:13:35 -0700 (PDT)

Lee,

I've taken a flashlight and checked out the entire lower casing but not finding an H or HT.  Is there somewhere specific it might be?

Also, the prop that came with the outdrive was a 14" if that suggests anything.

Finally, I talked with the sterndrive.com folks yesterday and found they were not going to be much help in the big picture.  They don't keep parts/seals on hand, rather they would be shopping around for individual parts just like I would be and it would not be practical to involve them.  They did make a suggestion to me to simplify matters....."find a later model drive where parts are more plentiful".  Hmmmm....why didn't I think of that?

I ordered a parts manual so I can at least give the parts search a try.  While doing that I will also keep my eyes open for a later model outdrive.  What's the latest year I can go on the Electric drives?  1977?

-Bill
Dallas, TX
1970 Evinrude Explorer - 155 Buick V6 - OMC sterndrive
http://www.photobucket.com/evinrude_explorer%a0